Our success is based on a clear purpose, aim and approach to business. We are building a more responsible bank
To help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim as a bank
To be the best open financial services platform, by acting responsibly and earning the lasting loyalty of our people, customers, shareholders and communities.
Everything we do should be Simple, Personal and Fair.
By building loyalty, and acting responsibly, we generate value for all our stakeholders
202,713 employees more motivated and engaged employees...
144 million make our customers more satisfied and loyal...
By focusing on loyalty, we have met the financial targets we set in 2015. We have consistently delivered growth, profitability and balance sheet strength
|Number of core markets where the Bank is among the top 3 best banks to work for||3||7|
|Loyal customers (mn)||13.8||19.9|
|Digital customers (mn)||16.6||32.0|
|Fee income (%)2||-||~10|
|Cost of credit (%)||1.25||1.123|
|Growth in earnings per share (%)||-||11.2|
|Dividend per share (EUR)||0.20||0.234|
|Fully loaded CET1 (%)||10.05||11.305|
|Scholarships and grants (thousand)||35||1557|
|People supported in our communities (mn)||1.2||6.37|
- Constant euros.
- % change (constant euros), 2018 figure relates to 2015-2018 CAGR.
- 2018 figure relates to 2015-2018 average.
- Total dividend charged to 2018 earnings is subject to approval by the 2019 AGM.
- 2018 data applying the IFRS9 transitional arrangements.
- Underlying 2015 RoTE: 11.0%. Underlying 2018 RoTE 12.1%.
- Refers to cumulative activity in 2016-2018. The Bank has devised a corporate methodology reviewed by an external auditor to consistently keep track of people who have benefited from our social programmes, services and products.
Note: 2015 metrics have been re-stated to refect the capital increase of July 2017.