A responsible bank has clear, robust governance, in which accountabilities are well-defined and risks and opportunities are prudently managed; and long-term strategy is designed to safeguard the interests of all stakeholders and society at large.
Balanced board composition
- Of 14 directors, 11 are nonexecutive and three are executive. 36% are women.
- More than half of the directors are independent.
- The board is diverse in terms of expertise, gender and international experience.
Respect for shareholders' rights
- The principle of one share, one vote, one dividend.
- The Bylaws do not include anti-takeover clauses.
- Encouragement of informed participation at shareholders’ meetings.
Maximum transparency in remuneration
- This is essential for generating shareholder and investor confidence.
- Remuneration policy for executive directors and senior management is aligned with our Simple, Personal and Fair culture.
At the forefront of best practices and long-term vision
- A strong lead director to foster proactive communications with stakeholders.
- Effective corporate and internal governance system for the supervision and oversight of the Group and its subsidiaries.